Let’s learn to cook something simple, your tummy needs to be satisfied. For now, I’ll show you how to make a fried rice (nasi goreng). Have a try!
- 1 or 2 cups of rice (cooked, with less water is better)
- 3 garlic
- 7 red onions
- tomato sauce
- sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 2 eggs
- chopped meat/chicken/sausage/meatball
- Heat a frying pan, with 2 tbsp of oil. Scramble the egg. Don’t forget to give salt. Put it aside when finished.
- Finely chop the garlic and onions.
- Heat the frying pan, put 2 tbsp of oil once again. Put garlic and onions, stir-fry until they get brown.
- Add the rice, tomato sauce, sweet soy sauce, pepper, salt, meat, and the scrambled egg. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- When the rice is mixed wholly with the ingredients, add a pinch of sugar. Stir well, then turn off the stove.
- Now, you have Nasi Goreng for 2 – 3 people. Better served hot.
The red onion used here is not the same with onion (the big and greenish-white one). The picture below shows red onion, compared with garlic. You can replace the red onion by 1 or 2 green onions (look below) or 1 normal onion.