Materials: 2 milk bottles/group and 1 plastic cup/student
Time: 20 minutes
How to do it:
- Form each group into a line, and place a milk bottle at each end.
- Fill one mostly full of water, and make a mark on the other that is 5 cm below the water line of the one with water.
- On signal, the first in line will fill his/her cup with water from the full milk bottle, and pour it into the next student’s cup, continuing on to the end, where the last student will pour the water into the empty bottle.
- This will continue until the bottle with water has been emptied, and the empty bottle has been filled.
- If a group spills too much water, they may be unable to fill the empty bottle so they will be eliminated.
- The supervisor needs to raise the card when his/her team finishes, for the judge to see the first three places.
- The first three teams that fill the bottle, receive points as following: 1st place – 15 points, 2nd place – 10 points, 3rd place – 5 points, the other teams – 2 points.