I’m back with a new story!
In the beginning of March I took 2 weeks off for a real holiday: Relaxing and trying my best not to check work-emails. I’d like to share to you, my trip to Nusa Lembongan, which was awesome! Let’s get started!
How to get there
We left to Nusa Lembongan from Sanur Beach, Bali. We took a fast boat by Scoot Fast Cruise (Click HERE to see where the place is). Lucky me, I got a contact who gave me lower price compared to Scoot’s official rate. You’ll see the contact and price info later on at the sum-up part.
In fact, there are several fast boat providers, you can check them one by one to find the best price.
For my trip, I reserved the fast boat for these routes:
- Scoot’s office near Sanur’s entrance to Nusa Lembongan
- Nusa Lembongan to Scoot’s office
It was a good stay!
Arrived at Nusa Lembongan, we stopped by at a small cafe by the beach to start searching for accommodation. After a quick scroll through Agoda, we decided to stay at Pondok Arsa Santhi Bungalow (Click HERE to find it).
The hotel was super! What made it special?
- The room arrangement is in pavilion style – separated as small houses. Each room has a small terrace with 2 chairs and table.
- It has pool, small but nice.
- It serves breakfast: Toast, butter, strawberry jam, egg (sunny-side-up or scrambled), and coffee/tea.
- It provides 2 bottles of mineral water, instant coffee, tea bags, sugar, creamer, and water heater – you can ask for refill when you need more.
- The room is spacy, with double bed, desk lamps, tables, sufficient electricity sockets, and TV.
- The bathroom is semi-outdoor, with seating toilet, washbin, hot water shower, cabinet, towels, and toiletries (soap, shampoo, tooth brush, comb, and sanitary pad).
- The caretaker was friendly and helpful!
The location is pretty strategic as well, we found good spots to visit:
- Express (1-day) laundry service.
- Lemon Grass, a restaurant with decent food, booze, coffee, plus live music on the weekend.
- Mickey, a sport bar with decent food, booze, and daily live music.
- Bakery (didn’t really try it on).
Anyway, the whole experience in this hotel was good! Except for…
- So-so Wi-Fi connection
- Salty water (tasted bad when you brush your teeth!)
We were going places…
For 3 days/nights, we basically went around randomly. To the beach, to the bars, circling the island, passing the Yellow Bridge to Nusa Ceningan. There were not much to do, which made it perfect for procrastinating from the adult world back in Yogyakarta. 🙂
The beach was nice! White sands… Blue sea… Restaurants and cafe by the beach… Lovely spots to be at!
How much it would cost?
- Fast boat per pax 2-ways: IDR 350K
- Meals per pax: IDR 50K – …
- Booze per glass: IDR 75K – …
- Beer per bottle: IDR 35K – …
- Accommodation per night: USD 21
- Motorbike rent per 24h: IDR 70K
Other important info
- Fast boat contact: Edward +62 8133 765 6505.
- There are ATMs at the island: BRI, BNI, and others.
- There might be cheaper meals, all you need to do is find local dining place.
- Some shops are not opened until afternoon.
- Some places offer surfing course.